An Indian court has convicted 12 people in connection with the serial blasts that ripped through seven trains within minutes, nine years ago in Mumbai.
The rush-hour explosions in the packed first class compartments of evening commuter trains killed at least 188 people and wounded more than 800 others in July 2006.
Nearly 200 witnesses testified for the prosecution in the eight-year-long trial that concluded in August of last year.
Prosecutors said the attack was carried out by the Pakistani-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba, using pressure cooker bombs.
The Maharashtra Control of Organized Crime special court, presided over by special judge, Yatin Shinde, issued its verdicts Friday. One person was acquitted.
Sentencing for the men is expected Monday.
India’s anti-terrorism squad (ATS) made the arrests in the case. However, at least 13 people have yet to be arrested in connection with the bombings.
Prosecutors says the attack was in retaliation for riots in the western state of Gujarat in 2002, which left 2,000 dead.
The explosions caused India to freeze peace talks with Pakistan for several months. Talks resumed later, but were once again interrupted when another militant attack in Mumbai in 2008 killed 166 people.
Pakistan and neighboring India have long been bitter enemies, having fought three wars since their independence from Britain in 1947.